Prior to joining Cedar Rydal, Mark Watts ran his own architectural design consultancy, undertaking most types of commissions; specialising
however in housing, be it a new single residence, a block of flats or extensions / conversions of existing properties. Cedar Rydal offer intelligence
allied with foresight and creativity; aiming to anticipate a client’s needs and aspirations so that outcome exceeds expectations. The practice
embraces the following:
- Aim – to provide a superlative architectural service, addressing practical/ aesthetic needs and ideals in an environmentally friendly way
- Philosophy – ‘Character’ is an intrinsic quality of every ‘thing’, yet it is often overlooked. Understanding what makes a building/ location unique
is often forgotten in the haste to realise a project. Maintaining a balance between the pragmatic and esoteric is important. Furthermore, there are
many economic and political forces that are brought to bear on any project. Engaging with these, and negotiating ways around them are a
necessary, complementary skill.
- Services include: full architectural duties, planning advice, feasibility studies, interior architecture and space planning.
- Project types: residential, commercial, retail, leisure, education and ecclesiastical – new build and refurbishment.
- We are members of the “Green Register of Construction Professionals”. We practice and promote sustainable design and construction.
To discuss your project, contact Mark Watts click here